Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Altered Magnet, Thank you.

Hello and Welcome, the tutorial today is a altered Magnet as shown above.

This is the Magnet I bought at Michael's in one of their bins and I decided to alter it.

I just so happened to have this paper pad at home, the stamp and felt embellishments. You can use anything you have on hand.

I have to say I fully expected to use my circle cutter for this but I decided to see if these scalloped circle paper punches would fit on this Magnet and to my surprise they did. This purple one is cutting my larger of the two circles. Since my picture is somewhat blurry, the product is a Marvy Uchida paper punch.

This is the smaller of the circle that I am now punching out, and this will go on the top of the larger circle.

Here they both are, cut out.

I first stamped 'Thank you' with my stamp from the above photo with a green stazon ink pad. I then glued on the larger one to the Magnet and then the smaller one onto that.

I am now going to be decorating my Magnet with these felt embellishments.

I am done, this is now on my refrigerator - actually my lower level freezer since my refrigerator is black. You can use other stamps or written words on your Magnet. For example for children's artwork or schoolwork, '"You're a star" .. have fun with it.

Thank you all for stopping by,~ Jane, "The Paper Affair".

10 comments:

  1. Awesome job on this magnet Jane, I really should do more altering projects, this turned out really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane what a wonderful tutorial. I love these little magnets...so cute and sweet. Perfect to tuck in a card for a gift for a friend or loved one...I could even see using it as an embellishment on a card and then using it as a magnet on your frig!!! Great job.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh waw ,great project ,i really look so great=)
    hugs
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, you always come up with the best ideas...love this little magnet. Thanks for sharing the tutorial! Well done!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea, Love the way you altered it.
    xxx Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! Thanks for a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet magnet Jane!!! I love your colors and design!! Very creative!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, Sorry I am so slow to comment on your great tutorial - let's just blame it on the time difference LOL! I love these magnets and am going to do some for Chriostmas Gifts, as Carol said to tuck into a card....they are perfect - thanks for the inspiration - I will let you know when I have done some!!! Well done and so easy to follow - great for people like me! LOL! God bless you Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial, Jane! The embellies are perfect! Thanks for the creative idea!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you!

My Paper Creations