Friday, November 27, 2009

Spending Christmas with Jesus


I think this card turned out beautifully.  I used classic designer papers,  a real hymn page and sewn on the the hymn and card edges, added some distressing to the hymn edges and flower also.  The ribbon matches very well with the DP on the front.  The main image is a Christmas ornament.  Merry Christmas from Heaven, a heart felt card to send to someone that lost someone very dear to them.   I ran across this ornament while in search of Vintage treasures and finds for my new store called Era of Vintage and decided to purchase it for a Christmas card instead.
 

I have entered this card in the following Challenges, over at The Pixie Cottage where the theme this challenge is "Getting Stitchy".   The second challenge (and I have been meaning to join in long before this) is at Saturday Spotlight where this week is make an ornament or a project with an ornament, I made a card with an ornament attached. The third challenge is over at Quixotic Challenges and this challenge is on tearing.  It is hard to tell in these photos but I torn the small hymn page, distressed it and sewn it on the card front.  Elaine stated in her card write-up she was nervous about ripping designer paper and here I was ripping a hymn, is that a sin?   I sure hope not.  The forth challenge is at Pollycraft challenge blog where it is a Christmas theme, not very hard to do at this time of year.  The fifth challenge is at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday where they are also Christmas themed, how about that? The sixth and final challenge is at Sunday Stampers where they are asking for Holly or Ivy to be stamped.  Not all cards/images are stamped at times so I am hoping that the Holly on the metal ornament qualifies in their challenge. I am off to link up with the challenge blogs.

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving your comments, hope you have a good day. Blessings, Jane

16 comments:

  1. wow this is stunnng nad such a beautiful papers and colours,thanks for joining us at pollycraft:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...thanks for joinin in hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a truly inspiring and heartfelt creation!! I just ADORE this!! That music note background is sooo perfect for this and your ornament is just amazing!! I'm so glad that you've joined in with us at Saturday Spotlight!! I hope you can play again with us!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant and a perfect vintage feel! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS, Jane! You are the Queen of vintage! I would never think to use a real hymn page. So cool!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely perfect! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very heartfelt and pretty card. I love the dry embossing. We might have to check that out and see if you have sinned or not ;) Right at Christmastime too. I like the ornament on a card. That is a new idea for me this year. Will have to try that for next year, I think. Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So full of vintage flair and Holiday Wonder!
    Thanks for joining in at The Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jane, what a neat idea using it on the card...and it's soooooo pretty! So many gorgeous details....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is just so beautiful, love all the details, the papers, stich, tearing and the wonderful centre piece. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Utterly gorgeous, Jane!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card with amazing details. Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely details! Thanks for playing with the Pixies :) Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  14. absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you!

My Paper Creations