Monday, September 7, 2009

My Midnight Madness SC#18 card, Moose


I was stumped on my title, I wanted to call it something clever but it's a Moose so thoughts wouldn't come but a great card and a great stamp of a Moose. Anyways here is my weekly Midnight Madness Sketch card using this stamp from our Sponsor, D-R-S Designs, they are offering a $50.00 gift certificate. They will be sponsoring Midnight Madness all month and so you will be able to see even more great cards from the Design Team featuring stamps from D-R-S Designs.

We also have a weekly sponsor for this week, one of our own Midnight Madness players, Penny. Penny is offering 4 of her very own Digi creations AND a stamp set. Please go visit Penney and check out her BLOG .

As you all know there is always TONS of events and announcements happening every week with Midnight Madness like our new 'Remarkable' awards, our search for a new guest designer and the list goes on, her sure to pop onto Priscilla's blog to get all the information for this week.


This is my card close up. I thought this sketch was a bugger, LOL with that lace up tie thingy. Bet you were thinking good thoughts too, they don't call it a challenge for nothing.

When I finally came out of my shock, LOL I thought of these two things. My new stamp and this Suede flask holder I had. It all came together using the eyelets from the flask for the lace up thingy and the rawhide lace. This is a very woodsy, rustic type of a card, great for a guy or any outdoor person. Good luck folks, are you still with me here?

Thanks for visiting, I appreciate your comments. Have a great week, if you have not already and wish to do so, please sign up for my blog candy offering, it will be closing shortly. ~~~ Jane

16 comments:

  1. Hey Jane, I thought this weeks sketch was sort difficult for me too, Lol. But it did force us to think some more! I think your Moose card came out great, love the leaves and suede, nice job! xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very unique and creative card, Jane. You are always thinking. I am always stumped on masculine cards. You have aced this one. Bet it feels great with all that texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun rustic looking card Jane!!! I love your creativity!! I love your moose, the leaves and the suede!! Awesome take on the sketch!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane what a fantastic guy moose card. This is one that my husband would flip over! It is so unusual. Love the laces and the rustic feel! Super card, so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rustic card, it is so hard coming up with masculine cards, you did a really great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is so beautiful!! What a brilliant design with that DRS image!! I love your leather feel and very cool details!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing masculine creation!! Love the leather strips with this moose image! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Jane...my computer has a "posting" filter, so SOMETIMES it won't let me make comments, but tonight is cool! I do follow your blog, and I see you came over to my blog to view my "chickadee's"...knew you liked BIRDS!..after seeing the PRETTY journal you made a few months ago!..I'm coming up with an "owl" journal for fall...stop by

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl, you put a ton of creativity into this one! It's Ab/Fab!! Great take on this week's MMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rustic indeed! This is a great guy card, perfect for one who enjoys being outdoors or hunting!! Love the leather ties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I love your fabulous take on this sketch. It is so rustic and what I would call "cabin chic". This would look good framed in my husbands man-cave! It is right up his decorating alley. lol Your stamped Moose is stunning. tfs

    Carol-chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane I love the whole concept of this card..brillant and very clever. Your card this week was exceptional :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane! This is TOO COOL! Love it!!! You were thinking on this one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post has me smiling with all the references to that lacey thingy! :) And then Carol's comment about "Man Cave"... Sometimes my whole house feels like a "Man Cave" with all these boys! LOL! But, really, your card is superb! I love the suede and the leather lacing. Perfect for the moose image. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jane, you cracked me up with the string thingy too...it's so much fun to read what you put on your posts...it's all entertaining! Your moose on the loose is awesome...just wish I had a computer that had a touch and feel screen then I could actually feel all those textures on your card. Even though you thought the sketch was a bugger (very English term!!) I would never have guessed it from looking at your creation.
    Fantastic job!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmmm, I am trying to think of something fun and clever, but I got nothing. Moose-tastic? Nooo. Your card came together wonderfully, love the way you enhanced the image and your great use of material. Very inspiring. At first glance, I was going to skip this sketch, but then I went back to the MMSC blog to view yours and the rest of the DT works, then I went back again, and then once more, and finally, lol... Great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you!

My Paper Creations