Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome, let me get the Red Carpet out for YOU! MMSC#21

Hello and Welcome, Whew so much going on I don't know it I am coming or going or if it really matters!  But, I think I have the right Challenge card for you!!  And that is a "Give Thanks" for that.

For me, I think often how lucky I am to have what I have.  I have a wonderful family, a beautiful daughter I cherish, (yes, she is severely handicapped)  but her heart is so big and she is very happy MOST of the time and enjoys the simple things in life, I think she has already achieved what we all hope to achieve in our life time, happiness, contentment, joy in life's offerings.  Surely I was chosen to be her mom for a reason. When I look at her, I step back and not 'want' so much, it's not having what you want but wanting what you have!  So I "Give Thanks' throughout the year and not just at Thanksgiving.




This card is very rich and elegant looking.  What did I do?  I wet embossed the leaves I stamped on the four square corners and then stitched around all four of the under laying papers.  I also wet embossed main image, the Cornucopia and colored it in  with chalks.  Don't hear alot of talk about chalks these days but don't dismiss them either, I feel they give it a special kind of appeal.  I placed a sheer gold bow on the left side of the card and added 3 orange flower buds.  I applied the words 'Give Thanks' with makingmemories Vintage Findings epoxy lettering which gives it a Vintage feel for this card. The stamp I have had for many years and one of my favorites for this time of year and always 'In Style'.  Thank  you for stopping my little spot, please leave a comment so I know you were here.

Our Weekly sponsor is Belles' n Whistles' for a 2 stamp giveaway and the Midnight Madness monthly sponsor is  Gurlee Girl Designs. the prize is 3 stamps PLUS a gift certificate.  These stamps are fabulous, You are going to fall in love with them, the new releases are fall and winter themed.  I also got to play with them, our sponsor was VERY kind to the Design team and you will view my designs later this month.  I hope that I have done the Gurlee Girl Designs images justice.

This card was entered in the following Challenges:
   Basic Grey Challenge:  Week #4 Embossing
   Simon Says Stamp:  Stitch it Up!!
   The Color Throwdown:  I used Olive (in the stem), Mustard (the     flower), Chocolate and Regal Red. 

Thank you again for your thoughts  and have a great day/evening, ~~~ A Thanksgiving blessing for you, Jane

20 comments:

  1. I am thankful for all of your inspiration. Another outstanding card.

    kimmie kaye
    Midnight Madness Design Team
    www.kimmiekayedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane your beautiful story has just made my day better, tfs! Your card and coloring are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Jane!!
    Awesome Thanksgiving card!! Beautiful coloring on the image!! Love the embossed leaves!!

    We all can be truly thankful for what we have. I too cherish my daughters and husband!! Indeed God has placed them in our lives for a reason! I am also thankful for you dear friend!!!!

    Have a great day!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I just love the colors of your beautiful card. Great job embossing on those leaves and choosing so many great elements. Love Love Love the rustic yet elegant feel of your card! You are so inspirational to me and I have always enjoyed seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree that this is a very rich and elegant card that really does portray it's meaning well. You are a very special Mother to love and appreciate your family for all that they are and to understand that the simple things in life are the ones that we seem to treasure the most.

    Thanks for sharing this beauty with us this week.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane this is outstanding. So pretty with all your embellishments and your chalking. I recently did a technique called chalkboard with chalks. It was fun and came out pretty. Your story pulls at my heartstrings. I was just listening to a guy who said people think money will make them happy-they make more money and they are still not happy. You have to find a place where you can be financially comfortable enough to be able to do things that make you happy, then live within your means. I thought that was good advice. TFS

    Carol
    chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, your family is truly blessed to have you...just as your DT family is also blessed to be a part of your life. It is the little things in life that mean the most! Not only appreciating every day we have but making the most of it too. It's the little things that nature has to offer like the beautiful sunsets, the changing of the seasons, the dandelions that grow in our gardens so that our little ones can pick them for us to enjoy. Things that many people take for granted!
    Your card has such special meaning because of being Thankful and you have done an amazing job with it. Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You are an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, you are my inspiration! You have given your daughter unconditional love. So many people seem to miss that one simple, yet important ingredient in life these days. :) Your card is gorgeous as is your spirit! I truly appreciate and am thankful for your friendship. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane you are an inspiration for helping us to always be grateful and thankful :) I do think your card brought out the gratefulness, so we can always be appreciating what we have. Thank you for your inspiring card, xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow jane ! This is just fabulous ! A beautiful work of art ! :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous Jane! Love those Fall colors, and those epoxy letter were the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful reminder to be thankful throughout the year. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! Great creation! I love the embossed leaves.

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZER!! Jane, this is just totally GORGEOUS hun!! I adore your beautiful colors and your take on the sketch is just outstanding!! :) Thanks so much for the birthdday wishes hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card with such detail! I love it! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful!! Love how you used the chalks on the cornucopia, and the wet embossing and stitching are fabulous... Thanks for playing in the belli challenge.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I'm boo hoo'ing. You were chosen to be that special girls Mom! You are the PERFECT Mother for her, Jane! You are an inspiration.

    Your card is so beautiful! Just as beautiful as your heart!

    {{{HUGS}}}
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jane - what a gorgeous rich and warm 'wrok of the heart' you have created!! There is so much texture and depth coming together in one gorgeous display!! I love chalks, they are my favourite technique and always give a fabulous result - this is no exception - of course the embossing adds to the total look too! Well played Jane - thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am over come with emotions after reading this post. It brought tears to my eyes. You are one incredible lady Jane. The world is better because you are in it :) You have so much to give with your heart and your crafts. I am better for knowing you dear. Thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous reminder to be thankful, not just at this time, but all year!! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge, Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I love hearing from you!

My Paper Creations